Saint Vincent de Paul, Walker's Mill
This parish is presently located at:
St. Vincent de Paul was founded in 1936. Before the parish was founded, local Catholics had to travel to Carnegie to attend Mass. In 1932, the pastor of Holy Souls parish, Carnegie, commissioned the St. Vincent de Paul Society to survey the residents of the area of Walkers Mill to determine the number of Catholics there. The survey discovered that a number of Catholics were unable to practice their faith due to a lack of transportation to Carnegie. Based on this result, the St. Vincent de Paul Society arranged for two individuals to travel to Walkers Mill to conduct catechism classes in the Zion Baptist Church.
However, it soon became obvious that a church was needed. In April of 1933, work began on a church. Most of the work in building the church was done by the local parishioners. The cornerstone of the church was laid on January 14, 1936, and on February 16, 1936, the church was dedicated. It was named St. Vincent de Paul to acknowledge the help the parishioners received from the St. Vincent de Paul Society. The new parish was made a mission of St. Luke, Carnegie.
The church was renovated in 1962 and in 1981. By the early 90's the population of the area dropped to the point that it was no longer feasible to keep the church open. In 1992, St. Vincent de Paul was merged with five other parishes to form the new St. Elizabeth Ann Seton parish. The St. Vincent de Paul church was sold shortly afterward.