Saint Walburga, Pittsburgh
This parish is presently located at:
St. Walburga was founded in 1903 as a German ethnic parish. Little is known about the first church. It was dedicated on August 18, 1903 and it was damaged in a fire on May 2, 1920. The church was repaired and enlarged in November 1920.
A new church was built in 1928. This church served the parish until the mid 1960's. By then the dwindling parish congregation made it necessary for the parish to be suppressed. The parish closed on August 28, 1966. The church then was used for the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine as the Pope John Christian Doctrine Center.