Saints Cyril and Methodius, McKees Rocks
This parish is presently located at:
Ss. Cyril and Methodius was founded on March 8, 1910, as a Polish parish. The establishment of the parish was a result of a petition by the Polish Catholics of McKees Rocks for their own parish. At first, Mass was celebrated in the Lithuanian Hall. Land for a church was purchased in July of 1911. Work on a combined church and school building began in the spring of 1912. The cornerstone was laid on December 15, 1912, and the completed church was dedicated on November 23, 1913. The first floor of the building served as the church and the upper floors as the school.
The church was renovated in 1947, in 1951 and in the mid 1970's. By the end of the century, it became obvious that McKees Rocks could no longer support the number of parishes then in existence. In 1993 Ss. Cyril and Methodius was merged with six other parishes to form the new St. John of God. As part of this merger, Ss. Cyril and Methodius Church was closed.