Saints Mary and Ann, Marianna
This parish is presently located at:
Ss. Mary and Ann was founded in 1910. Beginning in 1908, the area was visited weekly by a priest from St. Luke in Bentleyville and later from Transfiguration in Monongahela. In 1910, Ss. Mary and Ann became a mission of Transfiguration, although the parish was not actually named until October 26, 1911. On that date it also became an independent parish with the assignment of a resident pastor. At first Mass was celebrated in private homes. The cornerstone for the new church was laid on May 30, 1912, and the completed church was dedicated on July 4, 1913.
The church was renovated in the late 1930's, the late 1960's and in 1985. By the end of the century, it became obvious that the loss of population in the area required changes. Ss. Mary and Ann was merged with St. Michael the Archangel in Fredericktown to form the new St. Oliver Plunkett parish. Ss. Mary and Ann church remains open and serves the new parish.