Safe Environment Database Application Instruction Card
Instruction Card to Filers On Centralized Diocesan Database
Ten Easy Steps to Create Your Electronic File
Dear Co‑Worker in Christ:
It is easy to create your file in the diocesan database of parish and/or school employees and volunteers who have contact with minors:
- Go to the website for the Diocese of Pittsburgh at www.diopitt.org.
- Scroll‑down the left hand side of the home page to the “Protecting God's Children” menu and click on "Safe Environment Database". This will take you to the application login.
- At the top of the login page click on the underlined click here where it says, “If you do not have a user id and password, please click here to register.”
- You will now be at the “New User Registration” screen, and all fields under this will require entry except for the email address.
- In the “Primary Site” field, select the entity where you do the majority of your work or ministry. The “Type of Application” requires you to check whether you are an employee or volunteer. The “User ID” field requires that you enter your own password for access to your application. The bottom of this screen explains the requirements of a User ID. The “Password” field is similar, and you will be asked to type it in twice.
- This will take you to the “access code field” where you enter the diocesan password.
- In the “First Name” and “Last Name” fields, type in your name as it appears on your driver’s license. In the “Date of Birth” field, type your date of birth in the mm/dd/yyyy format. You will be asked to type it in twice.
- Write down your User ID and Password for future reference, and click the “Register” button. You should receive a message that you have successfully registered.
- Then, click on the underlined link where it says, “Please click hereto login and continue your application.”
- At the Login Page enter your User ID and Password, and click “Login.” This will take you to the “Application Screen” for you to fill out your application.
If you have any difficulties, contact your Site Administrator.